Make Your Gift Count - EMC's Guide to Holiday Gifts that Give Back
Many of us are looking at the holidays with a new perspective this year. We love giving gifts to our friends and families, and we want to make our gifts more meaningful than ever. We want every gift to count, inspire and reflect our hopes and wishes for those who will receive them. We want to use our gift budget to invest in making a difference.
We’re hoping this year’s EMC gift guide will help you do all that. We’ve been working with our partners on a collection of beautiful presents for the people on your list. A portion of every purchase you make will be donated to Every Mother Counts and we’ll make sure that donation goes directly to helping save mothers’ lives around the world. If you’ve already finished shopping, but still want to support us, you can make a donation here. Thanks for letting us be part of your holiday season and for making Every Gift Count.
1) Dwell Studio stamp set and throw – DwellStudio offers modern and unique home and family furnishings. The Owl Stamp Set is a classic that today’s kids will love, with stamps that let bright imaginations run wild. The Draper Stripe Major Brown Throw, with its crisp, graphic stripes, is one of our favorite patterns. Made of baby alpaca, this lighter-than air throw will brighten up any room.
Price: $24 for stamp set, $165 for throw, Donation to EMC: 40% of proceeds
2) Minted Wall Art – Limited edition custom art prints are a wonderful way to brighten up any room. Minted, the global design community and online site for stationery and invitations, has recently launched a beautiful collection of children’s and nursery art.
Price: varies depending on size of print, $38-$425, Donation to EMC: 50% of proceeds for month of December (6% during other months)
3) Oiselle EMC Hoodie – Keep your loved ones warm in the EMC marathon team’s official hoodie! This sweatshirt, part of Oiselle’s exclusive EMC collection, is made from exclusive French Fleece fabric, which has a smooth, heathered exterior and a plush, unbelievably soft interior. It also has moisture-wicking properties for comfort during even the hardest workouts.
Price: $78, Donation to EMC: 40% of proceeds
4) Roberta Roller Rabbit Women’s and Kids Kurta – Roberta Freymann’s clothing and accessories are inspired by her travels and designed in partnership with local artisans from India. The EMC collection, which includes a kurta (a traditional Indian shirt) for mom and child, as well as a sarong, scarf, and bag, is hand-block printed in beautifully vibrant blue and orange patterns. Select items from the collection available for pre-sale here. Official launch Dec 12th.
Price: $85 and $50, Donation to EMC: 10% of sales
5) Ergobaby Tote – The perfect carry-all for moms on the go! This unique tote comes from the premiere baby carrier company known for giving parents an easy, ergonomic way to keep their babies close. This tote was designed in collaboration with our founder, Christy. The print for the tote, as well as for the two baby carriers and waist pack from the collection, was sourced from Togo.
Price: $150, Donation to EMC: 10% of sales
6) Jennifer Fisher Jewelry “Mom” charm and cuff – True to Jennifer Fisher’s style, this "Mom" charm and cuff will make any mother feel dressed and finished the moment she puts it on – no matter what she is wearing. The charm is 14K rose gold and is available for purchase online and via phone. The cuff comes in brass or brass with plated rose gold and is available for phone purchase at (888) 255- 0640 (or in the Jennifer Fisher showroom in NYC).
Price: $130 for the charm, $225 for the cuff, Donation to EMC: $50 from each charm or cuff
7) Tracy Anderson’s Pregnancy Project DVD – Renowned celebrity fitness trainer Tracy Anderson’s DVD series is the perfect gift for any expectant mom wanting to stay fit. The series contains workouts for each month of pregnancy and interviews with mothers and maternal health experts.
Price: $49.95, Donation to EMC: $5 per DVD
8) Purple Leaves, Red Cherries book – This award-winning book makes a wonderful gift for new moms and mothers of young children. Part collection of short stories, part journal and mother’s toolkit, part beautiful artwork, it’s an inspiring book that comforts and supports women in early motherhood.
Price: $28.95, Donation to EMC: $5 from each book purchased on Purple Leaves, Red Cherries site
9) No Woman, No Cry DVD – The documentary that started it all here at EMC! In her gripping directorial debut, Christy shares the powerful stories of at-risk pregnant women in four parts of the world, including a remote Maasai tribe in Tanzania, a slum of Bangladesh, a post-abortion care ward in Guatemala, and a prenatal clinic in the US.
Price: $9.99 through December 19, $19.99 regular price
10) HATCH Dinner Party Dress – This versatile, high-impact dress is perfect for the holidays. The HATCH Collection offers chic and timeless pieces that can be worn by women before, during, and after pregnancy!
Price: $338, Donation to EMC: $5 from each HATCH purchase
11) Donate a Mama Kit to a mom in Uganda – EMC supports the Baylor Uganda project, which provides transportation vouchers for pregnant women who need to get to a health clinic or hospital to safely deliver their babies. She’s also given a “mama kit” when she arrives, which includes basic essential supplies needed to help a woman deliver safely. Donate $22 to EMC and we’ll fund a Mama Kit for a new mom in Uganda!
Price: Donate $22, Donation to EMC: $22 sent by EMC to Baylor Uganda project
Latest Maternal Health News
March 8, 2014
March 8, 2014
March 8, 2014
March 7, 2014
March 7, 2014
Archives by Category
- We Care Solar (5)
- Team EMC (46)
- Supplies for Safe Birth (4)
- Summer of Sisterhood (69)
- Partners In Health (2)
- Partners (58)
- No Mothers Day (10)
- New Beginnings (13)
- Midwives for Haiti (10)
- Maternal Health (271)
- Letters from Christy (7)
- KNOW Mother's Day (9)
- Here and There (1)
- Global Birth Club (16)
- From the Field (110)
Archives by Date
- March, 2014 (3)
- February, 2014 (11)
- January, 2014 (14)
- December, 2013 (26)
- November, 2013 (37)
- October, 2013 (63)
- September, 2013 (51)
- August, 2013 (42)
- July, 2013 (48)
- June, 2013 (49)
- May, 2013 (43)
- April, 2013 (47)
- March, 2013 (49)
- February, 2013 (44)
- January, 2013 (34)
- December, 2012 (34)
- November, 2012 (47)
- October, 2012 (44)
- September, 2012 (30)
- August, 2012 (30)
- July, 2012 (33)
- June, 2012 (53)
- May, 2012 (24)
- April, 2012 (5)
- March, 2012 (5)
Running in solidarity today! #TeamEMC runs @LaMarathon & @FirstLadyKenya runs #HalfMarathon, all 2 improve #maternalhealth @BeyondZeroKenya41 min 32 sec ago
Excited about our new #EMC magazine from @flipboard. Check it out here http://t.co/pAl7SgzNIH #maternalhealth RT15 hours 15 min ago
RT @julio_frenk: @CTurlington @everymomcount. I'm blessed by 360 inspiration from #women: twin+4 sisters, wife, 2 daughters, mom, long-live…15 hours 15 min ago
We're inspired by Dr. Addy @BaylorUganda 4 helping #moms in #Uganda access facilities 4 delivery & care. Who inspires u? #SheMadeMe #IWD201417 hours 27 min ago
Thx 2 @NadeneBrunk of @midwives4haiti 4 empowering #women w/ education & #midwifery training. What woman #empowers you? #SheMadeMe #IWD201421 hours 13 min ago
Another #woman to honor on #IWD2014: ibu_robin, founder of #BumiSehat Birth Center in Bali, #inspires… http://t.co/XjWJsPNqFU22 hours 24 min ago