Join the Every Mother Counts Team
Join Team EMC or start your own fundraising team:
Why we run:
Hundreds of thousands of women die during pregnancy and childbirth each year. That's 800 women every day. The good news is that 90% of these deaths can be prevented. We have the tools and the know-how to save these mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, teachers, doctors, caregivers and community leaders—if we make it a priority.
Every Mother Counts is a campaign to end preventable deaths caused by pregnancy and childbirth around the world. Every Mother Counts informs, engages, and mobilizes new audiences to take action to improve the health and well-being of girls and women worldwide.
This year, join us in solidarity to run marathons and 5ks and continue raising awareness about this global tragedy. We've chosen to participate in races because often, distance is the biggest barrier to a woman and her family getting the care they need. We hope to not only increase awareness for the cause but to also make the vital connection for people that so many pregnant women live far from health services around the world and that distance does make a difference. Simply put, we run so that others don't have to...
Share this “Why We Run” video with your donors to let them know where your funds go.
View our list of upcoming marathons for the year and email us to check availability. Fundraising minimums vary.
If you’d like to start your own team, follow the instructions below.
How to set up your own Team on Crowdrise:
1. Click here to join the Every Mother Counts fundraising page
2. Select the black START A FUNDRAISER button on the right of the fundraiser page
3. You'll be prompted to sign in or sign up for a Crowdrise account.
4. Once you've signed in, select JOIN THE TEAM
5. Now you have your own fundraiser for EMC. Feel free to customize your page with your own text and photos.
6. Email us if you have any questions.
**To receive EMC racing gear:
To receive a racing singlet, we ask that you raise a minimum of $500. Please email email@example.com to inform us of your participation.
Where do your funds go?
100% of your funds raised will be going to support women in need around the world. Since 2012, EMC has announced three grants that EMC dollars are and will be supporting. EMC is currently funding the training of 15 women in Haiti to become skilled birth attendants who in this year will provide prenatal care to nearly 1,500 women and deliver between 120 and 240 babies. EMC is also providing 13,500 women in western Uganda with vouchers they can redeem for a ride to a health facility when they go into labor, so that they can deliver safely and receive emergency obstetric or newborn care if needed. This Mother’s Day we announced our first US Grant to Commonsense Childbirth in central Florida, to provide low-income women – no matter their insurance status or ability to pay – with the recommended number of prenatal care visits, and prenatal education on nutrition, healthy pregnancy, breastfeeding, and newborn care. For more on these grants, click here.
Other ways to get involved:
We need you to lend your support no matter how big or small. Here are some ways you can get involved.
1. Click on the DONATE button to contribute on behalf of one of our Every Mother Counts Runners.
2. Purchase an EMC t-shirt & gear from Oiselle.com and come out and cheer us on.
4. Download this flier to share with your team and to recruit runners.
5. Watch “The Walk” and learn why Team EMC runs in marathons and 5ks across the country.