Junior Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator, New York City
Every Mother Counts’ mission is to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. We educate the public about maternal health and invest in community-led programs to improve access to essential maternity care. We engage communities, thought leaders, and partners in efforts to achieve quality, respectful, and equitable maternity care for all.
Every Mother Counts is seeking to hire a Junior Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This position will be based in our NYC office and report directly to the Director of Communications & Marketing and will work closely with the Development team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Communications & Marketing in the implementation of public education + fundraising campaigns
- Assist with design and content development for all awareness + fundraising campaigns
- Partnership Support – Event Support:
- Work closely with Director of Partnerships to support partner graphic design needs and maintain brand integrity.
- Work closely with all other teams on events to ensure brand integrity and correct implementation of guidelines
- E-mail marketing / Social Media strategy and implementation
- Work directly with writing and research associate to ensure there is a weekly calendar of social posts promoting the work of the organization (requires expertise in photo archives, an understanding of EMC voice and messaging and expertise in digital marketing and social media
- Oversee all social requests from staff/external orgs
- Develop newsletter content and send using mailchimp
- Assist with content creation
- Marketing assessments, analysis and recommendations
- CMS expert (WordPress)
- Managing and implementing basic website updates when needed using CMS training or pre-existing knowledge of CMS
- Writing, editing and posting blogs to the Every Mother Counts blog
- Managing and updating Every Mother Counts’ photo archives
- Support with all photo-related requests from staff – including for press kits, decks and other brand materials.
- Keep archives up to date after trips
- Manage brand assets/marketing materials
- Coordinate staff needs for marketing materials (press kits, sponsorship decks, email templates, mission cards), keeping an organized archive of all updated brand materials and sending to staff as requested.
- If design skills are relevant, update materials based on staff needs.
- Support with implementation and updates to Every Mother Counts’ third-party Policy and Advocacy Platform, donate platform, and other third-party platforms
- Support writing and research associate and community manager to ensure function and updates of the CQ platform. MESH can support.
- Support outside design agency on.
- Manage all website requests of staff through ticketing system that would be managed by the above role
Project Coordination (Website and Branding)
- Coordinate with design and development agency to implement and communicate edits needed for website and to update brand materials based on staff needs
- Coordinate design agencies support with design updates on newsletter templates
- Coordinate design agencies with any staff questions on brand usage, applications and guidelines
- Coordinate all other vendor projects including printer
- Expertise in creating and implementing digital marketing strategies including social media campaigns, paid digital media, and influencer marketing
- Expertise in CMS (WordPress), MailChimp
- Experience with SEO and SEM
- Comfortable overseeing, communicating with and project managing third party vendors, including developers, designers, and creative agencies
- BA in communications and marketing, or similar skillset
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Extremely organized and task-oriented
- Self-starter and willing to support others
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work on tight deadlines
- Graphic design skills a plus
Apply at [email protected].