In this post you will find a consolidated list of information and resources related to the coronavirus and COVID-19 and maternal health.
GENERAL INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS, PREGNANCY, AND CHILDBIRTH
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding – Information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (from CDC)
- The CDC’s most up-to-date information on coronavirus-related considerations for pregnant women, pregnancy and delivery, infants, and breastfeeding.
- Pregnant and worried about the new coronavirus? (from Harvard Health)
- Answers to frequently asked questions from physicians.
- Novel Coronavirus “COVID-19”: Special Considerations for Pregnant Women (from Kaiser Family Foundation)
- A summary of research about COVID-19 during pregnancy, the impact of social distancing on prenatal care, and considerations for pregnant women and the COVID-19 vaccine.
RESOURCES FOR MATERNITY CARE PROVIDERS
- Practice Advisory: Novel Coronavirus 2019 (from ACOG)
- Considerations for maternity care workers in providing care to pregnant women during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Pregnancy: What Maternal-Fetal Medicine Subspecialists Need to Know (from Society for Maternal and Fetal Medicine)
- Communications to obstetric care providers on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how best to advise pregnant women. Information that will be continually updated on their website.
- Doulas and COVID-19 (from DONA International)
- A toolkit for doulas on how to continue to support clients and stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Interim Considerations for Infection Prevention and Control of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Inpatient Obstetric Healthcare Settings (from CDC)
- Infection and prevention control considerations for healthcare facilities providing obstetric care to pregnant patients, with either confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
- Coronavirus Resource Center
- Up-to-date information from Johns Hopkins University experts in global public health, infectious disease, and emergency preparedness on the international response to COVID-19.
- World Health Organization
- Global updates and information from the leading United Nations agency on international health about the COVD-19 pandemic, including advice for the public, mythbusters, and daily situation reports.
Your State and Local Health Department
- Look for updates in your community, for example, with the California Department of Public Health or New York City Health.